We are open for business to continue helping give the freedom to move with confidence. We remain committed to the safety of our staff and patients. The safety of you, your family, and our team is of the utmost priority and importance to us. We remain committed to the safety of our staff and patients while we adjust our business procedures. We are not taking "walk ins" at this time as all patients must have an appointment.
Our current business hours are 7:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday - Friday. For foot orthotic patients we have alternative hours of 10:30 am - 7:00 pm on specific dates.
Several precautions will continue to ensure we are providing a safe environment for you when receiving services from us. These precautions include:
- Screening patients and families over the phone prior to their appointment.
- Anyone who has recently travelled or are displaying symptoms will have their appointments rescheduled. Late cancellation fees will not apply at this time.
- All patients are required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering clinic areas.
- Continual sanitization protocols for the clinic areas.
- Clinicians will wear masks, use new gloves, wash and sanitize their hands, tools, and common touch points before and after your visit.
- Treatment rooms are thoroughly sanitized after each client visit.
- "Curbside pick up" service available if appropriate for what is required.
- Visits by appointment only.
- Due to social distancing we ask that only patients come in for their appointment unless they require assistance.
- If a patient has a surgical mask or similar to wear, they are asked to wear it during their appointment.
If you have concerns or unique needs, please contact us and we will handle these situations case by case. We appreciate your continued support and patience while we try to remain positive and do the best that we can within this challenging situation.
WELCOME TO OUR CLINIC WEBSITE
Our core purpose at Karl Hager Limb & Brace and The Knee Centre is to enrich lives through solutions to maximize physical potential. Through what we do, we want to provide you the freedom to move with confidence. Since 1979 we have been providing complimentary assessments for specialized bracing for the entire body. We specialize in lower extremity bracing including knee bracing, foot orthotics, and leg bracing (AFO and KAFO designs). All custom items are hand crafted in house by our specially trained technicians. Call and make your appointment with one of our board certified professionals to see how we can help.
SPECIALTY SERVICE HIGHLIGHTS
For many people, foot discomfort can be a debilitating experience affecting their every day activities. In general the feet are very complicated structures consisting of numerous bones, muscles, and other tissues that constantly handle shock-absorbing requirements while moving us from one place to the next.
Ankle Foot Orthoses
With a wide range of options available for designs and materials, the function of each AFO can be finely tuned to meet the individual needs of each user. Although the requirements of each individual may differ, providing an AFO that facilitates the safest and most energy efficient movement pattern is the primary goal.
Working alongside the rehabilitation team from the Stollery Children's Hospital Clubfoot Clinic, we are pleased to provide follow up care once the casting and other procedures are completed. If you would like to meet one of our Orthotists and discuss the treatment plan for your son or daughter please do not hesitate to book a no charge consultation.
O.A. Knee Bracing
The Neutralizer is for the person with medial or lateral Osteoarthritis. The Neutralizer corrects the knee alignment to a "neutral" position preventing bone on bone contact that creates pain in the knee. This alternative is a great solution when surgery is not yet an option or will be a long wait.